a little more fluid

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

A tentative beginning

I’ve been thinking about a blog for a while. About having one. And a big part of me resists. Fears that it will ruin writing. Adulterate it somehow. Taint it. Make it cheep and digital rather than sacred and tangible. What I know to do with fears is see them, say hello, and step right through. And if what I fear threatens real harm, reevaluate. So here I am, starting a blog. Testing the waters. If I can write in this thing and maintain my writing integrity I’ll keep it up. Here goes! .

2 Comments:

  • At 2/22/2005 2:40 PM, Blogger Jess said…

    Of course you can maintain your integrity! Haven't I? Oh, maybe not...but I'm glad you started! I can't wait to see what you write.

     
  • At 2/22/2005 2:46 PM, Blogger toni said…

    I just mean... oh, you know... there's something to say for the REALNESS of pen and paper. Or even a word document. Moving to the blog world loses a bit of that. But I think it will be okay.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Who Links Here