a little more fluid

Sunday, July 17, 2005

100 things

things that have made me happy this week:
1. sitting outside with my tea & journal in my pajamas this morning, enjoying the sun & air
2. talking to my dear friend lis
3. enough sleep
4. lots of generous rides from friends
5. the kids across the street coming over to play in my yard & show me their tricks
6. being able to walk
7. cinnamon raisin toast with jam
8. lots of sun
9. roses
10. a spa party with a great group of women
11. having lived in this town so long & knowing lots of people everywhere i go
12. friends who don't judge me - no matter what shocking stories i tell them
13. new friends
14. lunch at my favorite restaurant - twice - and the waitress saying, "hey, you're off the crutches! cool!"
15. getting compliments like, "you know, you're one of those people around town who i don't know very well but i would always love to hang out with you and i'm sure we'd be really compatible friends."
16. holding a baby
17. interesting text messages from friends
18. my laptop - so i can do this outside
19. strawberry/watermelon gum!
20. someone telling me to cheer up & blog about things that make me happy

things i've been wanting to do for awhile:
21. a list of 100 things
22. run
23. have a baby
24. finish my masters degree
25. have enough time
26. check everything off my To Do list
27. throw away the To Do list
28. run
29. read all the books on my coffee table
30. live with a dishwasher

things that have not made me happy this week:
31. not being able to drive
32. not getting even CLOSE to enough sleep
33. people not returning phone calls
34. feeling purposeless - after 5 weeks of not working
35. too many phone calls on my To Do list
36. seeing people running
37. hearing about my friends running (just kidding gals, i've pretty much gotten over that)
38. people giving unsolicited advice
39. some other stuff...
40. not being able to drive

my favorite things about summer:
41. lots of daylight
42. kids playing in the neighborhood
43. warm weather
44. sun dresses
45. swimming (although, that's pretty much out for me this summer)

facts:
46. today i'm wearing shorts for the first time this year
47. my sister is in costa rica - and i wonder how she's doing
48. i was not impressed with the Lakefair Parade yesterday
49. i've been really into YA books for the past year or so - especially Lois Lowry's and the traveling pants books.
50. i've visited alaska at least 20 times
51. i started this blog because i wanted to display my picture of the day
52. and because jess talked me into it
53. and because i thought it would make me write more
54. but i ended up not liking what it did to me and writing
55. so i took a break
56. and i'm not necessarily saying that the break is over now
57. so don't get your hopes up
58. one reason i stopped blogging for awhile is that it takes up so much time
59. and once i start writing blog entries, then i have to start reading everyone elses
60. and sometimes that makes me stay up very late
61. i know you all have different guidelines about how public you are with your blog - and i've mostly always been really willing to tell people about it
62. but then what if i want to write about something that i don't want everyone to read?
63. i haven't worked for five weeks now
64. except for Sensaria stuff and a bit of babysitting
65. i don't really like fireworks - because i can never stop thinking about how much they pollute
66. sometimes people think i'm much older than i am, sometimes they think i'm much younger
67. i think i act old and look young
68. i'm very afraid of house fires
69. i wish i was an artist
70. i want to write a book
71. i don't want to go back to work
72. i might not
73. i've been to more medical appointments in the past 14 months than in the entire 23 years before that
74. and i haven't been sick once
75. just two injuries
76. i really like talking on the phone
77. i really like hanging out with friends
78. thanks to one of those injuries - i've been getting weekly massages for 8 months now - and i will be very sad when that's over
79. i loved reading the Little House books when i was a girl
80. i really like pickles and olives
81. and ice cream
82. i LOVE swimming in the ocean
83. i hate alarm clocks
84. i hate sleeping in
85. i wish i could sleep in
86. i wish i never had to sleep
87. i like staying friends with people for a long, long time
88. most of my friends are named elizabeth - or some variation
89. i'm taking a break from going to the library (sorry libary girl) but before my break i went twice every single week for over a year
90. i worry that people don't like me
91. i don't really have secrets
92. sometimes i think i shoud keep a few more secrets than i do
93. i have sewed five quilts in the past five years
94. and zero before that
95. other people's lists are often interesting, i'm concerned that this one will be boring
96. i really like buying clothes, especially shoes
97. i'm really working on not buying clothes i won't like, because often i do that
98. i know more people on this street that i've lived on for less than five months than i've ever known in my neighborhood before
99. i've drank much less water this past week than i usually do
100. i want to learn italian

1 Comments:

  • At 7/18/2005 1:48 PM, Blogger Autumn Hoverter, MS, RD said…

    I liked your list. I like your blog. I just wanted to post something for the sake of posting something and saying hi. Today a complete stranger posted a comment on my blog. I don't know what to think of that. I posted one on theirs. It never occured to me that a total stranger would read my blog, I always figured the new people would be friends of friends. Nice list.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Who Links Here