a little more fluid

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

small talk about weather

It’s rainy and briefly sunny and a little bit haily today. And it’s hard. To deal with. I’ve really gotten accustomed to this beautiful, sunny, hot weather of late.

Today all I want to do is curl up in bed, with a heavy down comforter, and watch a pointless movie. One that won’t make me laugh too hard (I don’t really want to give up this melancholy), won’t make me cry (I feel kind of close to some edge and don’t want to be pushed over), and won’t cause me to question my life or rethink any major decisions. I guess I just want to be distracted. And warm.

There’s this choice – over and over, throughout all day of every day – to stay with what’s familiar, or to risk growth. And today I feel a little too fragile to make that assessment.

It’s 3:56pm and still nothing has inspired me to take my Picture of the Day. It’s that kind of day.

1 Comments:

  • At 3/17/2005 12:58 PM, Blogger Jess said…

    I felt the same way yesterday. Just wanting to be warm and distracted. But more because I was getting sick than melancholy. Although if I had a camera with me, I could have taken a picture of the day.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Who Links Here