a little more fluid

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

How do they do it?

All this talk recently of ideal jobs... wouldn't it great to be a Baby Namer. Or a Reader. Or a Friend. As my Job. I sure could fill up a 40 hour week with reading and writing and talking to friends.

But how about this one? Appointment Attender. My goodness. This is ridiculous! Completely. I thought that job was over. I thought I'd managed to quit. Apparently I was just on a nice sabbatical and I should have enjoyed it while it lasted. Because now I'm back, and the inbox is full and I've got some catching up to do! Welcome back, Toni, to your job as an Appointment Attender. Seriously. There were two today. Will be one on Saturday. Two on Tuesday. One on Wednesday. Then the following week - One on Monday. Two on Wednesday. One on Thursday.

It's too much. I don't want this job. I'm feeling really overwhelmed right now. How did I become a person with so many medical needs? (I know, Malaika, you're probably thinking I've always been this way. But that's only my vacation self. My at home self usually is appointment free. Except for these past 12 months.) I'm feeling fed up with this.

So... I'm looking for volunteers... who wants to drive me to appointments beginning June 10th when I can't drive anymore?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Who Links Here