a little more fluid

Saturday, February 26, 2005

The way we look. What we see.

I have a friend who, in 2003, took a picture each day. (Or more.) She called it Photo of the Day. Full of spirit, she would come into a room and proclaim, "Photo of the Day!!" as she took a picture. I admired so many things about her and her picture taking habits. Sometime in 2004 I got to see the album - 365 pictures that logged and recorded, reported 2003. Huge variety. Her garden taken from her front door. Lots of her dog. Amazing outdoor adventures. Dear friends.

Spending January 2nd, 2005 with said friend I thought to myself - Toni, why doncha give that a try?

So I'm doing it.

With unexpected results. My eyes are different. My 2005 eyes are always looking for beauty and wonder, curiosity and joy. Silliness and genuineness. Art. Now everything is art in a whole new way.

As 2005 was beginning I wondered what my pictures would capture. A friend said she'd probably take lots of pictures of her kitties. I don't have cats. I'd like a dog. That means I don't have one yet. At the time my most exciting new acquire was a laptop. And as you may have noticed the laptop was the P.O.T.D. once. But just once. I've surprised myself by finding variety and complexity I didn't see before.

Today I went grocery shopping. And found art.

1 Comments:

  • At 2/28/2005 9:00 AM, Blogger a bear, blushing said…

    The photo-a-day thing is a great idea! I've been trying to record my thoughts as close to daily as I can in my blog (when I can), but the photo idea is something I will have to try. Thanks for the inspiriation!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Who Links Here