a little more fluid

Monday, March 28, 2005

I DID IT!

1. Finally. The last box is unpacked.

2. My earliest job dream was wanting to be a mail carrier. I still kind of do. Then I wanted to be a child care provider. I still kind of do. And then for a long time I wanted to be a teacher. Not so much anymore. But then, procrastinating the whole getting ready for bed thing just now, I came across this book. Which almost convinced me to be a teacher. Because I LOVE Kevin Henkes. AND THEN I found this book. Which is also exciting. Because Leo Lionni is another favorite. At some point I may have to buy one or both of those. I also see (for all you Kevin Henkes fans) that there is a new Owen book and a new Lilly book. And a new Wemberly book, but I didn't like her much in the first place. While we're on the topic of Henkes and Lionni, I must recommend this book, which Jess recently recommended to me. Sweet and charming. Socially and politically important. A must read.

1 Comments:

  • At 3/29/2005 10:17 AM, Blogger Jess said…

    Books like those are why I want to be a librarian...I should trot over to Powell's and get them! Also, The Alphabet Tree is still sadly missing from my personal collection. Thanks for reminding me!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Who Links Here