a little more fluid

Saturday, March 26, 2005

Don't want to get tied down, I guess

I think the reason it's taking me so long to move in, so long to settle in, so long to unpack, so long to feel like home is home... is because I haven't been home.

I've had this new home for 26 days now. And if I project through the end of the month, here's where I will have spent my first month "in" my new home:

Old apartment: 5 nights
NEW HOME: 4 nights
Monica's: 7 nights
NEW HOME: 1 night
Evy's house, Bellingham: 2 nights
NEW HOME: 1 night
Purce's: 1 night
NEW HOME: 3 nights
Jess & Katy's, Portland: 2 nights
NEW HOME: 5 nights

That means that, if all goes as planned, I will, for the first time, spend my fifth consecutive night at home on the last day of my first month living there.

I don't think I usually sleep around so much.
It's just been that kind of month, aparently.
No wonder I'm having trouble getting into routines. No wonder I don't yet know what to do with myself when I wake up in my new house. (Do I put the tea water on first? Check the email first? Pee first? I knew how to do all that at my old house.)

P.S. SATC lives on in my heart. Miranda and Brady (as his baby self, not his toddler self) were in my dream last night. Miranda was my friend. Awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Who Links Here