a little more fluid

Saturday, March 26, 2005

feedback request

it's hard to know who's reading this
and what you're thinking
how well you know me
and how well you're getting to know me

recently a friend emailed me and shared a few things she'd learned about me from my blog:

you are lovelorn for someone you met at 11.
you are rather moody.
you spend A Lot of time doing things with other people.
you exercise compulsively.
you have a thing about divulging the truth, often being indiscretions on your part.
you seek visual beauty.
you seek inspiration in people you admire, or aspects of them that you admire.
you like routine.


what surprised me about this list was not its contents. as they are all very much true. well, except moody. really? am i? but what surprised me was that 1) this wasn't already common knowledge and 2) this knowledge was communicated by my blog

so... what else? what have you learned? how has this blog touched you personally and enriched your life? what has it inspired you to do? what has it made you wonder?

1 Comments:

  • At 3/26/2005 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm reading this. I think I know you pretty well, but I also think that you are the kind of person where you let things out gradually. There's a lot up front, but there's a lot you don't really talk about until you really know someone. Years, sometimes. I think that's good in some ways. I feel like I'll still be learning things about you when we've retired together. You'll say something and I'll say "wow, I NEVER knew that!" Which makes life interesting, but I also LOVE it when you reveal things about yourself.

    I think I knew most of those things about you. I don't know if I'd call you moody, but I think you do go through a lot of mood changes that I don't always witness, long-distance, and reading your blog DOES make me more aware of them. Things I wouldn't know otherwise. Because sometimes mood changes aren't the kind of thing you mention in a letter or a phone call or even in person, but when you (or anyone) get into more of a journaling mode, that stuff comes out. That's one of the things I like about blogging for myself - the things that come out that fit into the format of blogging, things that I wouldn't necessarily fit into a letter or conversation. I'd be curious to ask a lot of the same questions on my own blog. To get feedback on how I'm perceived.

    I think that's all I have to say on this mammoth comment.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Who Links Here