a little more fluid

Thursday, May 12, 2005

job description: Toni

1. lots of appointment attending. must be patient when health care practitioners are running behind. even when they are running one hour behind.
2. blog reading and writing. must keep up with blogs written by every close friend who writes a blog, and periodically check up on blogs written by acquaintances and strangers. must come up with witty and thoughtful comments to post on friends' blogs. must come up with witty and thoughtful anecdotes from own life and share them.
3. meet with friends one to three times daily for breakfast, lunch, dinner, coffee, walk, or just hanging out.
4. write letters, emails, keep in touch by phone with about 30 people weekly.
5. wash the dishes before the whole house stinks.
6. Sit for hours at the coffee shop, enjoy the sights, scents, and sounds.
7. get enough sleep.

I haven't been able to do it all. Not to mention the other job, the one that actually pays me.

Things I want to do in my life, which I wish I had unlimited time for:
1. sleep
2. writing - in all the forms I enjoy
3. reading
4. walking and running and dancing and yoga
5. cooking, sewing, knitting, quilting
6. visiting with friends
7. sitting still and watching people

That's it. That's enough. That's all I need. When I start thinking that I have SOOOO many things that I want to do with my time and there's no way I can do them all I should stop and remember that there are many things I don't need to fit into my schedule. Like:
1. watching football
2. playing video games
3. riding a motorcycle
4. wine tasting
5. directing plays
6. reading comic books
7. selling things on ebay
8. playing basketball
9. traveling
10. bonding with a pet cat

those things are important to some people, but not me.

2 Comments:

  • At 5/12/2005 8:42 PM, Blogger Jess said…

    Please please please never watch football. That's a good thing to remember - the things we don't do. I never feel the urge to watch TV and I'm often grateful for that - that would take SO much time!

     
  • At 5/21/2005 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have been grateful that I don't need to watch soap operas, or opera in any form. I don't need to listen to commercial radio. And I don't need to read the classified ads. I don't have to take time to have long arguments with anyone. I don't need to worry much. More later.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Who Links Here