a little more fluid

Sunday, June 26, 2005

documentaries. and some more sugar.

Tonight I watched two really great documentaries. The first one is about international adoption. Interviews with three international adoptees (now adults) and their adoptive families. The second one is this.

I'm trying to do more than just let my brian rot during this break from school and work.

Plus, another important thing happened tonight. My across the street neighbors, Mr. Neighbor and Girl Neighbor, brought me some cheesecake. Very sweet of them. Not just one slice. Not just two slices. But really a boy lot of slices. Like 7 or something. MY GOODNESS! What am I supposed to do with all that cheesecake? He said I can share it with my friends. Well, thanks Mr. Neighbor for giving me that permission. But, really - quite a nice thing for a neighbor to do at 9:30pm on a Sunday evening.

To tie these two seemingly unrelated topics together - the first thing Mr. Neighbor said when I opened the door (after him ringing the doorbell about 48 times in the 45 seconds it took for me to get to the door) was, "Are you watching a home movie?" And while I wasn't, actually, watching a home movie - my neighbor was somehow able to detect (from outside my house) that the movie I was watching was not of professional movie quality. Which was the case with Doc #1.

6 Comments:

  • At 6/27/2005 1:57 AM, Blogger still_figuring_out said…

    i wish i had neighbors who brought me cheesecakes when i`m sick...instead i have neighbors who irritate the strawberries out of me by parking at my lot!

     
  • At 6/27/2005 11:03 AM, Blogger Jess said…

    Your neighbors crack me up. That was sweet of them. That first doc looks interesting. I seem to be reading a lot of blogs about intl adoption lately. Funny, huh? considering I'm not. But they're interesting.

     
  • At 6/27/2005 11:14 AM, Blogger toni said…

    Does your library have that doc, Jess? Because the copy I got is badly scratched and I could only watch about 24 minutes of it. I don't know how long it was. I would like to see the rest.

     
  • At 6/27/2005 3:24 PM, Blogger Autumn Hoverter, MS, RD said…

    Were the movies informative? I have a friend that wants to adopt internationally and I'm assisting a bit in the long, long process. Always looking for new info for her.

     
  • At 6/27/2005 3:38 PM, Blogger toni said…

    yes. i would really recommend this movie. it brought up lots of different issues in a really open, gentle, honest way.

     
  • At 6/27/2005 11:32 PM, Blogger Jess said…

    Nope, neither county has it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Who Links Here